View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 10:33   Link #2085
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
When Nanoha went "no, no dodging" to Teana, she mainly went that "When in a group, your job as the middle support is to call shots, shoot enemies, warn allies, you can't do that if you're rolling on the ground like that."

Most of the mages in Nanoha don't dodge very much. *Points to Signum just standing there and armor tanking Fate's attacks in Nanoha As.* Seriously, that was just to show off.

Though Fate was teaching Erio and Caro that since they aren't nearly as tough as Subaru or Teana that they need to learn how to dodge.

Edit: To be fair to Nanoha's criticizing of Teana's rolling is actually something that Armed Forces in the US (Green Berets for example) frown upon as well. You're wasting time rolling around when you could just easily be shooting your enemy.

Though Teana's rolling is a nod to some other Armed Forces in the world (Soviet Speznek for example) that train their units to be rolling and shooting.
I see your point here. While I think that Teana is generally better off dodging attacks than tanking them, as an excellent shooter/tactician, she can't be rolling away from enemy fire all the time, either. Her role requires her to have good command and control of the theater of battle, and that means she needs to keep her head up as much as possible.

I actually felt that Teana underestimated herself a fair bit in StrikerS. Granted, her pure offensive output might be the weakest of the team, but she has an excellent tactical head on her shoulders; possibly even greater than her superiors, frankly. I was impressed with many of the attack plans that Teana came up with; she's an ideal field commander.