View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 10:56   Link #2090
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I actually felt that Teana underestimated herself a fair bit in StrikerS. Granted, her pure offensive output might be the weakest of the team, but she has an excellent tactical head on her shoulders; possibly even greater than her superiors, frankly. I was impressed with many of the attack plans that Teana came up with; she's an ideal field commander.
A lot of Teana's underestimation of herself was because she wasn't quite as strong or as 'special' as the other members of her squad; I can't remember what episode she said it in, but she commented that she seemed to be the only normal one in the group; i.e., her magical power wasn't as strong as Subaru, or Caro, or even Erio, at least in her mind. Personally, I enjoyed her character arc in StrikerS, it was definitely one of the best of the season.

Teana makes up for her lack of power with her attack plans. There's a reason why her battle with Nove and Wendi is considered her Took A Level In Badass moment. It was incredible to see a girl who earlier in the season had doubted herself completely become strong enough and smart enough to take down her oppnonet while outnumbered. And injured.