View Single Post
Old 2004-07-22, 02:33   Link #247
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
I looked up Kakyuusei, and it's licensed by SoftCel Pictures: AnimeNFO Information. I had a bit of interest in this since if I remember correctly I have the H-game CG rips from this game. Or perhaps it's just that the game and anime share the same name but are unrelated; who knows ;P
That's the wrong Kakyuusei. There are three Kakyuusei anime.

***(copies info from his Kakyuusei page so that he doesn't have to rewrite the same thing for the twentieth time)***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are THREE anime with the title of "Kakyuusei or Kakyusei" (spelled either way). The oldest Kakyuusei anime from 1995 is unrelated to the more recent two Kakyuusei anime from 1997-1998 and 1999. Here they are in the order of their release. The easiest way to tell them apart is by examining the girls school uniforms:</P>

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2392
1. Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1995)
The girl's school uniforms are orangish-red and white with light green trim.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2393
2. Elf version Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1997-1998)
The girl's school uniforms are mostly dark red with dark blue trim.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=179
3. Kakyuusei TV series (13 + 1 bonus episode)(1999)
The girl's school uniforms are mostly dark red with dark blue trim.

The first two episodes of the Kakyusei OVA (1995) were released in English under the title of "First Loves" by SoftCel on VHS. The third and fourth episodes were NEVER released into English. The story of this Kakyuusei anime was not based off a game.

The Elf version Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1997-1998) and the Kakyuusei TV series (13 + 1 bonus episode)(1999) were based off an Elf company ren'ai (romantic love) game called "Kakyuusei". Kakyuusei is one of the most popular ren'ai games of all time.

The Age Rating of The Three Kakyuusei Anime:

Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1995) - each episode had adult scenes so all four episodes were adult. It's an old adult anime though so the adult scenes are pretty mild compared to todays adult anime standards.

Elf version Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1997-1998 ) only the fourth episode had two minutes of adult content in the adult version of the fourth episode. There is also a non-adult version of the fourth episode with a scene of Mizuho brushing her teeth and a couple of additional scenes of dialog near the conclusion. You could technically call the non-adult version the "official" version now because Pink Pineapple chose to release only the non-adult version to DVD and not the adult version. You can't see the adult version of the fourth episode unless if you buy it on old LD or VHS formats (Although you're really not missing much in the H-version anyway - just 1 minute 52 seconds of soft H scenes without much dialog).

Kakyusei TV series (13 + 1 bonus episode)(1999) was completely non-adult.

Do NOT rely on AnimeNfo's "Kakyuusei" listing here:
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,6...kakyuusei.html

Most of the info AnimeNfo gives is from the first Kakyuusei anime - the Kakyuusei OVA (1995) - (the picture, its partial English distribution title "First Loves" and anime description summary come from it). But if it is trying to be a listing for the Kakyuusei OAV (1995) anime then it wrong in the description of the number of episodes and year of release.

The Kakyuusei OVA (1995) was only 4 episodes long not 13 as shown there. I have all four of the Japanese OVA tapes and the story DEFINITELY concludes after four episodes. The AnimeNfo listing also states that its "Year of Release" was 1999 when in reality it came out in 1995. I have given them information six times hoping that they would correct their listing (since April 2003) and they still haven't changed it. Instead they just keep the wrong information up there and keep making people think that the Kakyuusei OVA (1995) was 13 episodes long or that Kakyuusei "TV" series was an adult anime. %#@*! I would prefer them to have no Kakyuusei page at all than to having one with the wrong information on it with them never correcting it. >_<
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Kakyuusei anime we were talking about was the Kakyuusei TV series.

The Elf Kakyuusei OVA is already being worked on. Someone said that the Kakyuusei 2 TV series will be out in October 2004.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote