View Single Post
Old 2006-03-04, 10:30   Link #139
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

"Spider Riders"

I couldn't find mention in this thread, so here goes:

"Spider Riders" is a co-production of Bee Train and a Canadian children's television company (no, not Nelvana!) which, according to Moonphase, starts airing in Japan on April 5th. On March 25th, Teletoon Canada will air a 90-minute special, and start airing the series "later in the summer".

Here's some clips on the Teletoon site: http://www.teletoon.com/unrealworld_...=tvSpecialsVip

The dub and the music are very westernized, which I guess is to be expected. The show is aimed at the young male demographic (what a surprise). The story was written by a pair of veteran Disney cartoon writers, and the dub kind of looks like that script was translated to Japanese, then re-translated back to English to fit the mouth flaps.

I haven't been able to find any information about whether or not the music will be different in the Japanese version or not; if it's in that Moonphase blurb, Bablefish didn't help me with it.

I think the animation looks like it might be pretty good, but then again, I'm biased.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote