View Single Post
Old 2010-10-21, 02:41   Link #3128
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Not really, because if some random person off the street needed to suck his blood to survive, he would let them do it too. Hell, Sakura's confidence is so low that she doesn't even recognise that Shirou genuinely wants to have sex with her (as opposed to just doing it because it's the only way she can get prana and, thus, not hurt people) until the third time around. Without her realising that he is doing it because he actually wants her as opposed to out of a sense of duty, she does not gain the confidence necessary to stand up to Shinji, and thus the Shinji death scene does not happen.
Sakura never stood up to Shinji anyway. The reason she realised that Shirou actually wanted her was because she saw Shirou refusing to kill her for the second time. The sex obviously helped but as far as I can see, it's unneccessary.

Quote:
Except that that destroys the whole point of the scene, and is OOC for Sakura. For a start, I would say that thinking "I wish he were dead" when someone is raping you (or beating you to within an inch of your life and posssibly intending to kill you) is not actually an evil thought at all. It is a perfectly natural thought to have, and one that most ordinary people would (quite justifiably) possess in such a scenario, so it says nothing much about her mental state.
Lets not get into semantics, here. I'm simply saying it was a stray thought that came from her deepest desires she never even realised she had.

Quote:
However, it is not a thought that Sakura would ever actually have, because she genuinely does not care about herself (at least not enough to kill Shinji in self-defense). The whole of the Shinji death scene in the PC version was about Shirou. She refused Shinji raping her because she was in a relationship with Shirou and she killed Shinji because she was worried that otherwise Shirou would do so when Shinji came to tell him about what he'd done to Sakura in the past. If Shinji is beating the shit out of her, as in RN, then that is no different from what has happened hundreds of times before and there is no reason to stand up for herself. She's used to it, so she would just lie there and take the beating.

I'm not sure, but probably what you said (just a "stray evil thought").
I disagree. I don't think that was the whole point. I think the whole point was that the dilemna forced her into thinking that stray thought for the first time. But like I said, I don't think the dilemna is neccessary to lead to that stray thought. It would've worked equally well if it just spontanouesly happened. Especially if she went from being loved unconditionally to this. I wouldn't want to go back either.

Quote:
Well, it's not nice, no, but then nothing about Sakura's situation is nice. The worms live off her prana, and since having sex provides prana (and since they are lust worms), it makes sense that they enhance her sex drive.
And you know perfectly well how I feel about the whole sex = mana logic.

Quote:
Well, in general, the correct response to "oh, shit, I just found out the girl I love has been raped and sexually tortured from the age of four" is not, in fact "oh, I know, in order to comfort her, I'll have sex with her", so Shirou would not come on to her in such a situation. She clearly has to initiate it, and without the excuse of needing prana due to the worms she would not have the confidence to do so.
She shouldn't have had the confidence to do so anyway. And she barely even mentioned the worms.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-10-21 at 06:09.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote