View Single Post
Old 2012-04-21, 03:00   Link #34
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Archon_Wing: Lol, it's like you wanted to have enemies and is constantly pursuing to get more. I don't want that to happen, but I respect you nonetheless. Also, on the Reputation System as a game or "just a game", I hope it isn't so. It just puts the possibility of "one user steps his foot forward and a nuke from out of nowhere comes rushing in to destroy him for critical damage".
Well I wouldn't go that far; I'm no internet tough guy nor do I have a desire to be one. I'm just saying that people online and in Real Life may hate you for petty reasons so there's nothing to be done about it and thus you can do something else about stuff you have control over. It's just that there's too many things to worry about in life rather than some anon herping derping w/e to you. And no, you can't "nuke" anyone-- that's kind of an exaggeration as said above negs take away less points than reps. It's just plain false when I know a lot of people that express contrary opinions that don't get "nuked" to hell and it's not like I am that graceful in all my posts ever. And I get offended pretty easily already, but this?

Anyhow, there's no reason to even consider this system has any legitimacy as Serious Fucking Business because it's arbitrary and well, there's more important things like the actual content of people's posts besides arbitrary health meters. And it really shouldn't be any other way. Does anyone even stare at them and be like "Gee, I should take this guy more seriously; he has more points on an internet forum!"?

But if one is really afraid of those red dots, you can just:
Spoiler:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews