Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 16:21   Link #8525
AstroNerdBoy

One of the things I like about Akamatsu-sensei is how he's looking to the future to help the manga business, or rather more specifically, to help manga-ka and those wanting to be involved in manga. Basically, he's all about breaking out of the restrictive, old, Japanese business model to move into new pastures that allow manga to thrive.

Still, I am surprised he's in talks with the editors at Shounen Magazine though. I figured for sure his next manga project would be via J-Comi, but he could be arranging a deal whereby Shounen Magazine publishes the manga in their magazine and produces a tankoubon version, but Akamatsu-sensei remains in control of his work.

Thanks Hata for the info! ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote