View Single Post
Old 2009-04-25, 22:57   Link #19
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Doremi FINALLY released their subs so I finally got to watch episode 3.

As a game player I'll probably end up grading this a bit more harshly, I think.

Gave the episode 8/10.

Pros-

Alicia's facial expressions. I can see why everyone's been talking about them. So cute! And they'll clearly continue, as the preview suggests. Still not big on her character design changes but love the expressions.

The hashing out of the Welkin bet. I can't see how that could be left out but for whatever reason I'm glad it was put in.

I believe this was asked in the Generic (ex-main) thread: we got to see the Edelweiss' turret traverse! Wooo!

Cons-

I've said this a lot and I'll say it again: really not liking the changes in the character designs. Faldio's is just bad. Varrot doesn't seem as.... uh.... sharp (?), maybe, is the word I'm looking for. I think she looked very military-esque in the game. Not so much here. And since Varrot was one of my favorite characters in the game that makes it a little worse for me.

Really, really abbreviated battle for Vasel. And spider-tank was just... no. Please don't do that again.

Emo-Pansy Imperial troops. "We're surrounded! *sink to knees" Wow, really?

Please don't ruin the classes of the characters. I don't want to see Largo with a rifle again.

Why is Jann in the cast? Come on, now. I think someone like Yoko is a much better choice as another Lancer.

Hopefully episode 4 is a little better. Still gave this an 8/10, but it could've been better.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."