View Single Post
Old 2009-05-20, 15:10   Link #228
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The seeming self imposed aggravation may be blocking one's senses when it comes to seeing character development, group bonding, and even increase in musical skills. There is not very much of this per episode, but there is some in each one.
I highly doubt that it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You're making the assumption that I was actually attempting a "srsfknbsns" mathematical quantification of your opinion, which is hardly the case. I was merely making a description of what your last reply looked like to me, and if I missed the point, whose fault is it? Certainly not mine, since I went to all the trouble to make your post as understandable as I can make it.

Better. Much more concise. I could start pointing out the answers to your questions, but since you've made the mistake of allowing me to get on your nerves, I think it's best you sleep it off for today. You'll probably feel better off next time, and I've got other things to do anyway.
You made the assumption that I made the assumption that you were truly attempting a "srsfknbsns" mathematicfal quanitification of my opinion. I was merely talking about your attempt to say that if something has "XYZ" then I'll dislike it or something.

And don't worry, it takes a lot for me to get really pissed. It's not like I neg repped people in this thread for disagreeing with me (The brilliance of the Animesuki forum).

Moreover, lets wait for the next chapter of this series to unfold, as I do indeed got other things that need taking care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Anyway, since the viewers like Reckoner who aren't satisfied by how the show is going about it is in the minority, I suppose the stories' appeal is there as long as we can accept the notion, it's not for everyone.

Peace be with us all!

And both Ascaloth and Reckoner could use some sleep at this point.
Well I took up your offer, amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
NOOOO!!!

What am I supposed to do with my popcorn now?

Thanks for making me feel like a circus clown .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, that is an example of a series where the first episode is a (80%) COMPLETE red herring. Go back and watch it episodes 2 onwards. Maybe in this case it's not the cover, but you should also not judge a book by its prologue

After that, you may want to rethink your ep. 1 == all watching strategy. Yes, Gungrave is that good. Yes, the ep1 is that bad.
I guess I could give it a second shot, but I'll have to wait until I finish my other backlogged series.