View Single Post
Old 2013-06-27, 17:40   Link #65
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
What you said is simply not true,
Of course it's not if we look at Tobito's best moments, but when i look at the other side of him, the loser side, i fail to see him as a super-villain. It's subjective of course.

Quote:
He's the guy who intimidated Sage Kabuto with his army of Edo-Tensei,
Those conversations are always funny, they usually don't turn out to be the reality. Looking Tobito's and Kabuto's war performance i'm more impressed with Kabuto despite he lost in the end.

Quote:
instantly erected an fire barrier that the Hachibi couldn't dent,
I forgot that one, that sure was impressive. Well of course if don't count his phasing/teleporting ability

Quote:
who forced Naruto to use all of Kyubi's chakra to buff thousands of chakra cloaks in order to save half the Alliance from being roasted because of a single Katon.
Sad thing he failed again, as usual the katon fails, this time being used as a plot device to let Naruto save the worthless asses of noname alliance members
I mean it failed to impress me even if objectively i should have been impressed by the size of that katon.

Quote:
I also love how you phrased "he managed to survive using a stolen sharingan eye" to dismiss the fact that he can use Izanagi to a ridiculous extent, let me rephrase that correctly : he has a hundred Sharingan, each and everyone of them could make him invincible during 10 minutes.
Yeah, i did write about those sharingans in a previous post, but it's not like he has even 1 of those that he can immediately use. Well i'm assuming he can't implant a sharingan eye into himself in a split second, but maybe i'm wrong. But if he can't use those then i assume that because he has a rinnegan and his own very special MS eye he won't sacrifice any of these two to have his 10 minutes of godmode, even if that would make sense if he faces death.

Quote:
Yamato and Kakashi never stopped him from doing anything, he was there to talk and nothing else although his interest in Sasuke (supposedly fundamental for his plan once upon a time) fighting Naruto has disappeared into thin air.
It just doesn't make sense to say that while these 2 last tailed beasts are crucial for his success he would not take them if he can. So what i mean even if he should be able to beat them if we look at it rationally, the author's plot prevents him to do so, and the result is that i can't really think of Tobito as a super-villain. Maybe we can look at him as an anti-Naruto (in the sense that he's evil), since Naruto is also a guy who's both super-powerful and still a dropout when the plot needs that, for example he was completely beaten by Edo Nagato in a few seconds, saved by countless people in this war until now. And of course in this chapter Tobito performed as a dropout, the author even shows a flashback to reinforce this. If it were Madara who fails like this i would be very annoyed with the manga but somehow when it's Tobito i just call it a minor plot hole and forget it

The author could even defend this stupid outcome by explaining that by this time Tobito's thinking was somewhat messed up by Kakashi's speech and he simply tried to phase but forgot that they are already in his private dimension and failed.

Or one could be completely rational and realize that both his character and his power is complete nonsense. For example he uses the 10 minutes izanagi against Konan, and we know he has hundreds of eyes. So why doesn't he use it to easily beat and collect both the 8 and 9 tails. Being rational would be a painful experience
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote