View Single Post
Old 2011-10-12, 11:48   Link #206
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Couple of nice surprises this episode. I really liked the Rider in this episode, so manly and gar and it's cool knowing who he actually is already. Kind of stole the franchise for me that I've seen so far and god I hope he has good arc. Also Gilgamesh came across as less of a punk ass pretender (he kind of struck me as a hipster to be honest) and more like a guy you might actually not want to run into in this one compared to the original Fate/Stay Night. I really started to hate that character towards the end cause it felt to me like he was unworthy of having such power cause he basically came off like little more than a cackling jackass who just won battles effortlessly for no good reason. Here he seems to act with more contempt and seems to mean business and it does wonders for the character, especially in that he struck a pretty cool pose that didn't involve a smug grin for a change. That goes a long way.

The conversation in the middle kind of want on pretty long (thankfully not much longer than it did), but it served a purpose in establishing the dynamic between Kiritsgu, Irisviel and Saber and where they differ on certain philosophies. We also got to meet a strange duo in Caster and his master who are much alike in a dangerous way. All in all another solid episode.

Seasons been really good so far and the only disappointments are the things I never had high expectations of in the first place, but there's even been some plesant surprises. I can now confirm this as one of them.
Gil also lost battles for stupid reasons. Hopefully he is more serious here in Fate/zero.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote