View Single Post
Old 2012-01-04, 04:38   Link #304
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
What I'm trying to get at here is that since the show is being licensed, what does that say about the content? Is "certain" scenes going to be censored or outright not animated? Only time will tell but I have a really bad feeling about this.
It's not like even in Japan there aren't regulations. Nisio stated books are less regulated than anime, so that's why he could get away with that stuff, but nevertheless there is some limit to what you can show in television. Shaft will have to resort to their usual tricks. With Kizu they will probably have more free hand because it is a movie, which is already less regulated than a TV series.

And I don't think Shaft mind their shows being licensed abroad in any way. There are plenty of fanservice shows that already made their way on the American market, after all (I see the aforementioned Queen's Blade was licensed, for example).
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Bakemonogatari has close to 100k sales, that alone implies that its appeal crosses beyond the 10k otaku domestically. Now given the amount of cultural references
You may not get a joke, but you still can get the story. And even if you don't get the joke the images may be amusing. You are overplaying this.
Quote:
Save for Hitagi/Koyomi relationship the other stories will be hard to explain, and even Hitagi's background will be incomprehensible without knowing how religion and cults are viewed and treated in Japan.
Sorry, but cults that con people are everywhere. I mean, IIRC there was even an episode of the Simpsons where Homer enters a sect. There is nothing uniquely Japanese in that.

I see no problem with the other stories as well.

Last edited by Shikijin; 2012-01-04 at 04:50.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote