Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-04, 17:55   Link #10103
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
First of all, I am being supportive, because if they take what I said to heart, then they will stop suffering (not that I really expect that to happen).
Drowning in selfpity has never helped anybody as far as I know. If you are unhappy with a certain situation, then take steps to rectify it = find yourself a gf. And if that is not possible.... and believe me, I have spent long time in the single land to know how difficult it is to find the right person, then find other sense in life. Life doesnt revolve around a relationship. One can lead a fruitful and happy life without one.
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but telling people 'it's lame to feel bad about yourself and your current situation, and I've experienced much worse (so you have nothing to feel bad about)' is... well, I disagree with the method of delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
You said it yourself, it is for people IN a relationship. If you are NOT in a relationship, then it doesnt concern you. Basically, what you are saying is, that people cant stand the idea that some others have what they dont. Not a nice character trait, if you ask me.
Nope, that's not what I'm saying. Maybe it's a bit more of a low-key event where you're from, but here in America they've turned it into a big deal. Never mind what other people are doing, there's Valentine's Day stuff all over the place. It is a constant reminder of the fact that while much of society is engaging in it, none of it applies to you, because there is something missing from your life (assuming that's what you want).

Of course singles can be happy in spite of Valentine's Day, and of course you can be happy even if you're not in a relationship. I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling a bit down on Valentine's Day if you're single and are interested in dating, though.