Thread: Licensed Akame ga kill [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 19:23   Link #2040
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF the loved ones part is irrelevant, though your point still remains (as terrible as it is for something to happen someone you know practically everyone is someones loved one, it shouldn't play a part in your decision making otherwise you end up being capable of commiting crimes just as bad as those you hate, since simply being a soldier means your aiding the death of someones loved one and even soldiers from democratic countries will not be sqeeky clean).

Your point about dicators I find very true, Hitler stayed in power in Germany because there were people who supported him, he wasn't hated by most germans, heck if you were Aryan life was great. No one can rule with fear alone you can only stay in power with support, plenty of people are gunning for your position anyway if you don't have iron clad support you'll get back stabbed and betrayed.

Hitler wasn't voted into power by the german people hell he was losing support before he was given the position of Chancellor by the president, he did not have popular support but he had loyal followers, a lot of them.

Modern society does not Judge someone by the beliefs of ones followers but rather by their actions, and actions alone.

On another point I wouldn't say it was unrealistically corrupt to the point noone would want to live there. that's not how life works. People don't stay in war torn, poverty stricken, natural disastor prone places because they feel like it. They do it because they can't afford to move, have lived there all there lives and it was their ancestors land, there home, have family who are unable to move and they're unwilling to ditch them, are simply forced to stay due to national measures and a host of other reasons. There are places that corrupt in this world (obviously far more complex and not nearly as cartoony shallow) and yes people do continue to live there Though obviously most don't want to.
Yeah, but what choices do they have left? Living in fear, hopelessly getting killed for the amusement of those psychos? They'll get killed if they don't fight back. I don't think it's grey vs grey but rather black vs grey at this point, or that their morale concept is too alien for us.

I don't think assassins are good guys either, but at least they didn't go around killing innocent civilians or average soldiers. The morale of the story is that not everyone will agree with your opinion and while it's OK to talk about your POV, you shouldn't just act like a realist and saying things your way trying to force everyone to simply agree with you.

I don't think the killing of those corrupted assholes are great either, but something has to be done. They wouldn't bother assort to assassination if they can pressure the the prime minister politically... well, even UN fail to reason with many dictators... and the problem with it is that we have no idea how to fix. No one does...

Life as aryans in Nazi Germany wasn't so good btw. Most of the victims of the holocaust weren't jews, but any races and anyone that the Nazi think they suck as well as their political enemies (communists, democrats). Most of the Nazi and germans didn't even know about the holocausts either, since it was supposed to be military secret, until some spies who infiltrated the concentration camps told the world.

And the majority of Germans weren't even the supporters of Hitler, it's just that Hitler's supporters were louder...

And lastly, I'm against capital punishment. But the punishment needs to exist, because it's impossible to forgive a crime and let the criminals go free without counter-measure that he will never commit the crime again. I know that it's ideal if the criminals repent and became good, but will that really happen? Some people can, some can't. If you were talking about the right of the criminals, then what about the victim's right?

BTW, Saddam was tried and hanged. Hitler killed himself and his family to escape capture and trial. Most of the tyrants who lost never met a good fate... But they'll keep doing that because some tyrants died normally (Stalin) and those who failed just happen to fail. It doesn't change the fact that it's horrible though. BTW, at least they still have their good sides, although to their enemies (or people they dislike) they would be like a demon.

The situation with corrupted and war torn countries are like those in Middle Eastern and Latin America (as far as the popular media cover), whether it's from the extremists or the war between the corrupted government and not-any-better rebels, and people from there fled their countries for such reasons. It's too messy there. But what will you do anyway? I'm not keen about accepting a lot of immigrants into my country (a lot of whom are so proud of their own country that they fled from), but would that make me look like a jerk without any chance for me to express my opinion? It'd be better if we somehow interfere with the conflict and fix their homeland so that we won't have to accept immigrants, but then the criticism will always come... whatever!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote