View Single Post
Old 2007-06-04, 22:58   Link #216
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Something about Velka style summons and boosts, Rein as a unison device can link up with others as work as a power manager. The way I see this is that she not only increases their magic strength by can actively concentrate where it's needed. Hazard a guess that Lutecia's bugs being Velka based work on the same principle. They link up with the larger drones and concentrate one aspect of their combat power [speed, harder shields, ect].

MC boosts add to the power of an object by channeling more energy. It's slower to cast because of the ceremonial spell, works on a single unit in exchange of additional layers of power.

Velka adds and focuses the existing energies in an existing system. In essense a mass boost to a group that works immediately, though weakening other aspects is just speculation.

Now the image of Rein as miniboss is cute in a fairy sort of way, imagine the girl sitting on mini-Fred as a dragonrider to boost his Blast Flare
While on this topic I wonder if Rein can only link up with those with a direct connection with YnS. This seems likely given they in theory should be more "compatible". However I do note that there is no metion of Zafila.... everyone is seems to forget the poor dog