View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 06:33   Link #3652
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, now that I count again they can still go home, it's goal difference before head to head after all. Johnson did some good save I admit, but if I'm not wrong one of them was because he didn't mark the Sweden player properly in the first place. I'm not sure Kelly, his replacement is much better though, so the right side seem to be England's weakest side.
The problem with Johnson is, he enjoy every opportunities going forward, leaving space for being exploited in the back. Even the German claimed so back in WC 2010.

He actually was even worse back then, but after spending half a season playing as LB (leaving RB position to his replacement Kelly)when he 's not so comfortable going forward, his defense have improved a lots to this current state....
...which is still bad, but hopefully it will not be another 4-1 on German if there's such encounter this time

On Kelly, he's actually a CB, but playing senior career as RB . He got pace. More defensively, as he played less risky than Johnson (as expected from a CB), and defend in the air pretty well (once again as expected by a CB). Going forward, he's standard England winger, suddenly accelerate , trying to pass the man, and cross in