View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 16:16   Link #3660
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I probably biased somewhere, but admittedly, that could be a penalty, or at least not a yellow. Then there's that free kick hitting the post. But this game simply reminded me how much i hate football.
Americans are catching on to soccer. No matter what, there will always be the human element, when it comes to refereeing.

BUT

All these refereeing inconsistencies is the #1 reason to be annoyed by soccer. It is the job of FIFA to minimize referee decisions from affecting the game, as much as possible.

All 4 of the America's major sports have embraced the usage of technology, which are primarily used for game changing decisions. These include critical scores and verification of certain scoring events, like homeruns, touchdowns, 3-point shots, etc; however, decisions regarding "fouls" are not subject to replay review.

FIFA has been slow in adapting to sport technology; but at least, since the Germany-England World Cup 2010 round of 16 game, the idea of bringing goal line tech. is under the testing phase. It doesn't take more than a second or two to verify goals. I expect this kind of technology utilized for WC 2014 or even by 2018.

As for verifying "fouls" within the penalty area -- maybe, just maybe -- technology can be extended towards those decisions. It's tough to determine a legitimate foul vs a dive.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote