View Single Post
Old 2004-06-23, 00:34   Link #61
FlyByNite

I actually kinda liked the ending, it's funny but I swear from reading everyones thoughts from prior episodes I didn't think anyone WANTED a happy romance ending...

This ending reminds me kind of like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's...The main character loses their physical body saving the world and goes off and their significant other is left waiting for them to return...

I got the impression that basically Akari and Hikari need to find a new home for the creatures that were supposed to replace humans, but didn't...

Still it was something of a bittersweet ending. That last scene with Akari and Ryou was sad, although it did show Akari never saw things in a romantic light, which makes sense since she did always treat him like a brother.

I didn't like the whole "lets go find our mom & Dad" thing though from him.

There also isn't really any resolution to the Mari/Takeru thing. He's there looking up at the sky and missing Hikari while Mari continues to hover around in her usual snippy way.

It would have been nice if someone could have died, I was rooting for the entire world and then you get Akari & Hikari survive, but I would have settled for just killing Mari...