Thread: Fire Emblem
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-07, 15:54   Link #221
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'm at chapter 14 now. Dispatching the enemies isn't so hard. However, the boss character is too strong! He hits hard, and he's fast. He can barely be hit, and most characters won't survive the encounter.

This is with troops of LV12 - 14. Eirika is LV15. She was able to hit Carlyle, only to be defeated with a critical hit.

Anyone who says this game is stupidly easy without using the tower is obviously talking out of his ass.
This got me curious, so i finally sat down and am replaying the game now on Hard mode (No, not going for the no-promotion challenge ...yet). Just cleared chapter 16 ... and i must say, i have no idea how you managed to have your units lvl 12-14 by this point (Chapter 14), as that was the chapter where i promoted all of my units, and all of them (minus Natasha) were lvl 18-20. I haven't set a foot inside the tower, and haven't been fighting the monsters spawning on world map either, minus once, when i needed to get to the store. I can only venture a guess you are either having Seth be an exp hog from the early stages, or rushing the boss without clearing the maps fully, or both.

The desert fight against Valter and Caellach (i think that is what the Hero boss was called) was quite silly. Franz and Amelia, both Great Knights at this point with A support, cleared the entire left side of the map alone. Just the two of them. No healers. Which means they took out a dozen of units, and then Franz simply soloed Caellach (without crits being involved). Physical units can't scratch the two (no, wait - i am somehow having a rather crappy Amelia growth, so she can be poked for 3 damage with a lance ...provided anyone actually lands a hit), and magic attacks can do about 6-9 dmg ...provided anyone actually hits, as the hit rate against them is about 35%. It was quite silly.

Valter simply went down by a combo of Lute + Arthur (A support). Have Lute attack him, and Artur stand behind her and heal. Took 3 attacks to bring him down. Neither has the speed advantage to double attack. Of course he could have been swarmed with more units as well, but i got lazy and just skipped the turn.

Orson in next chapter was quite hilarious as well - Artur soloed him, because his dark imbued sword couldn't do a single point of damage against Artur, who was using Divine. Took some 6 turns to bring him down, but i was in no hurry.

And this is on the supposed Hard mode .. and i am not even utilizing supports to the fullest, as i haven't bothered to level any additional supports for anyone beyond having an A with one person .. there is still room for performance boost by obtaining B between other persons in your group. Oh, i made a mistake previously and Moulder died in chapter 14, due to my own berserking unit ... poor guy ..well, i left him for dead, as i felt it wasn't worth replaying the chapter ... Lute and Artur had digivolved in said chapter, and could pick up the slack on any needed healing just fine.

So i suggest you better review your strategies regarding your gameplay, before you start saying some questionable things about people claiming this game to be easy. The fact your units are grossly underleveled is of no one's fault but your own.