View Single Post
Old 2008-03-01, 00:37   Link #277
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
You don't think killing your own father as kid would mentally scar someone and cause them to be irrational? I mean how old was he when he did that? Granted Suzaku is wrong but he clearly has severe mental isssues from what he did so I don't see why people hate him for it. I mean he's certainly not as mentally strong as Lelouch is but him trying to stop someone from walking the same path that in his eyes brings only pain and misery is exactly something to hate someone for? Well I guess so since you do but I can't understand it. In fact I can't see why you can't see it like I do. Oh no am I a Suzaku too? Assuming people will react the way the you do to a situation is human nature.

Of course I'm not suggesting that Suzaku is the hero he thinks he is. He's wonderfully flawed just like nearly every character in the show. That's what Code Geass is.
That's why we who disliked the R1 character don't get angry at the writers, even if we do get extremely angry at Suzaku. He's got motivation and development, and in a weird kind of way he's an even better antagonist because of it. Still, even if as a story element he is well done, as a human being he was horribly flawed and made no effort at improving himself for 7 years.

Now, if Suzaku decides to stop trying to be a wolf in sheep's clothing and just acts like the wolf he is, (since clearly he's not just going to walk away from the stage, from this personal war of his) I think a lot of us are willing to forgive him. But otherwise he's living a lie and is the worst kind of selfish person imaginable: one who refuses to even admit that they're selfish.

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-03-01 at 00:56.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote