View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 17:45   Link #2078
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
By the same token, what in that statement is implying that she doesn't? I mean, honestly, you guys are debating assumptions provided by intentionally vague statements... I don't see much of a future, in that, but more power to both of you.
If her intention was to explain to Alto why she was leaving, you don't think she would have added "Oh and btw, I am certain that the Vajra are coming here only for me"?

There is absolutely no rational reason for her not to mention this, especially in the context of her desperately wanting Alto to come with her on her journey or at least understand why she is leaving on a seeming suicide mission.

Of course, if the argument is "Ranka is so fucking stupid and self-absorbed that she doesn't even think about giving hard arguments to Alto why she needs to leave on this dangerous mission and can only come up with "I think I may be this and that and I need to find it out. Oh, and bring Ai-kun back to his people, teehee!", then, fine, you can have your theory that she knew it all along. But not the one without the other. Because either you accept that the stated reasons were her reasons or your wild hypothesis must also accept the clear inference what that means for what she actually said to Alto.

Next thing claimed is probably that it was super secret information which she only could have given Alto when they both were safely out of Frontiers orbit.