View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 20:27   Link #46
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
If you had paid attention you would've noticed that they were following emergency situation training. Members of the Security Committe were also there to facilitate things. (Also, for that matter, the overwhelming majority of people would run around like fools in real life, too.)
First off, I'd appreciate it if you cut out the condescending tone ("if you had paid attention," "do the math"). Second, you claim they have training, but then agree with me that they run around like fools without training. If they don't remember or can't implement their training in the situation it was meant for, then quite simply, they are not trained.

Quote:
For one, they did mind. Two she was ordered to be killed once because her power was late to manifest, that's not exactly a personality issue. Three, she violated the rules because as they were all aware of, she and the rest of Group 1 weren't reared to blindly follow the rules. The only time it ever mattered to them was the one time they actually decided to dispose of her.
No one in the anime has ever objected to Saki succeeding Tomiko. You also forget that Saki was ordered killed when she and Satoru were on the run during their summer trip (if you believe Kiroumaru) and also when she went after Shun after he had turned Gouma. A tainted cat attacked her. Tainted cats only attack who they are told to attack, therefore someone ordered her death.

Quote:
...because they're old and probably wouldn't make it, while Saki and Satoru are strong and healthy young people? Saki's mother was in the second half of her thirties when Saki was born. Saki is 26 now. Do the math. Also, maybe-- just maybe-- they have something else to do, as mayor and head librarian, aside of releasing the cats. Maybe.
First, her parents have no idea if Saki is alive or not. If she is dead, what becomes of the mission? Second, if they can delegate this most important task to their daughter, then can delegate lesser tasks they might have to perform as well. I don't buy the age argument. If anything, one's mastery of their Cantus appears to constantly increase with age, so her parents should be more powerful (at least as their society thinks of strength). Not to mention Saki's mother is the expert on the library. How much knowledge does she have that Saki lacks? Saki is hardly a better choice than her parents to undertake the mission. Hell, the guano and bugs almost got her!

One another note, I agree with the others who think Kiroumaru is secretly aligned with Yakomaru. Inui's tale of how he snuck by the akki, then somehow passed out, couldn't use his Cantus, but then was rescued by Kiroumaru really smacks of a set up. Inui believes he tricked the akki, but he was probably the one being tricked.