View Single Post
Old 2004-09-07, 12:53   Link #15
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Fact is, at the point he decided to use a suicide jutsu, Orochimaru was unharmed, because he knew there was absolutly no way he could win without dying himself, and even then he lost.
I call that getting owned.
Well, Orochimaru had to organize a massive attack on Konoha to even fight Sarutobi, he had to take him by surprise, trap him in a force field, prepare two super summons and change his body so he would be younger in order to take on Sarutobi. And even after preparing all this and having Sarutobi fall for it he lost both his arms. Orochimaru had the surprise factor, he had knowledge of where he would fight and with what. Sarutobi had to make everything up as he went, and he still managed to seal Orochimaru's arms. That doesn't exactly classify as ownage.

edit: I didn't say the summons where as powerful as the two previous Hokages, but they did have some awesome powers, I'm pretty sure the only ninjas that we know of at the moment that could've taken on ONE of either summon would've been Jirayia or Tsunade. Oh and I mention this because it gives you a clearer perspective on hust how powerful Sarutobi is in his old age. The fact that he could've taken on two living Sannin level ninjas in a few minutes shows you just how awesome Sarutobi was.
edit2: Oh and about why sarutobi used the death god jutsu. He knew that in order to take out Orochimaru he had to take out all three opponents at once, he couldn't go for Orochimaru because the two summons would stop him and to keep on fighting the two summons would've been useless, he couldn't hurt them and in order to get rid of them he would have to take out Orochimaru. So he used the Death God Jutsu.

Last edited by VMLM3; 2004-09-07 at 13:13.