Thread: Licensed 5 Centimeters per Second
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 21:47   Link #1197
Somnus
Eh?

I've been meaning to watch this forever, but always stalled because I knew what to expect in the end. It stung just as much as I expected it to, but even so, what a beautiful watch. One of the tags on AniDB is "High Degree of Perfection", and honestly, I couldn't agree more.

It was so artistic, and at the same time so very realistic. Until the music video part I was so immersed in its brilliance. Though it's not "the story of my life" per-se, the scenarios could be related to very easily. Also, the very way this movie approached the passage of time was flawless. Even though there were time skips, it felt as if you could have easily pictured the time that wasn't shown on screen all the same. Needless to say a flood of nostalgia and thoughts about my own past had immediately surfaced after the movie finished.

This is probably the most positive I'll ever feel about a "sad" movie. Usually an ending I don't take a liking to (sad in some way, too many things left unresolved, etc.), or doesn't fit with the rest of the series will ruin the entire run for me. This however, is the exception.

Though honestly, I probably couldn't watch it again. The feelings behind this unrequited love is really hard for this heart to handle. It tugs too damn hard.