View Single Post
Old 2009-02-17, 16:58   Link #451
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... chalk up another iteration of 'unconscious love'. Not that it's a bad thing, but I personally find it ironic that the one show *cough*kimpossible*cough* that temporarily gripped me out of anime's hold dealt with the same thing lol.

In any case, this was anything but unexpected. Considering how Ryuuji and Taiga stuck to each other like your stereotypical childhood best friends, it should follow that their realization of their true feelings would be somewhat like how the archetype handles it. Now that Taiga is aware of her feelings, now its only Ryuuji to sort out the mess he is in. And with 5 or so episodes to go, that should be more than enoguh time to settle the dust between him, Minorin, and Taiga.

Another irony, in that the real childhood friends (Ami and Kitamura) are anything but. Of course, one can make a case that Ami's supposed 'angriness' at Ryuuji's situation would not be because of jealousy, but because of how it kinda mirrors at her own situation with Kitamura. Of course, that might just be my tinted shipper glasses talking, as I still can't forget at her smile during the summer episode, when Kitamura specifically stated that he chose to go to her villa over staying in town and help the student council prez.