View Single Post
Old 2007-03-15, 05:05   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yes, I've been watching the raws ...
Ah, I misunderstood, then. You commented here that you hadn't been downloading the raws, so I was confused. You also commented previously that you were going to wait for the subs. That's why I wondered what the basis for your opinion was, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its a decent pile of omake and postcards .. its not really great Shinbo as a whole and its not really great Negima as a whole. I'm not sure why its so hard for you to accept that as my opinion. Perhaps I should turn this around and ask why you're so convinced its great either as a Shinbo work or as a Negima alternative?
I've never claimed either, as I have no particular loyalty to the director or to the Negima franchise. "Great" or not (that's for history to decide), I simply find it a fun show to watch, full of humour and puns, neat camerawork and art direction, and featuring characters I already liked to begin with. So, I don't know... it "just works" for me. I don't expect it to work for everyone, of course. You have every right to not like it. The only thing that makes your opinion so hard to accept is its objective tone with a lack of objective arguments to support it. It's like I'm supposed to "just know" or something -- where's the "why"? Plus, if your overall feelings really haven't changed at all from episode to episode, it's like... well, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Isn't that folly? It's like you're just checking in to tell everyone "nothing's changed at all", which is why I'd wonder if you watched the episode. Anyway, simply put, I really just don't get it. Maybe I never will. I'm not trying to be offensive, but I'm hoping that you'll somehow make it clearer for me.