Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 14:13   Link #4846
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Reminds me when we voted to make the provisions on pedophilia harsher, and when we voted for violent offenders to be kept in custody for life (each time with a popular initiative).

Unsurprisingly, each were depicted as huge blows from the emotional population toward the reasonable government, and incompatible with "Human Rights".
Not surprising. A little minority likes to play the idealist and take decisions for the big large majority of a people from a country. Whatever what they say, when a government does not check the public opinion because it knows the very big majority will go against them, then it's a dictatorship with a mask of democracy.

Anyway, about the criminals, I wonder how it is in switzerland despite those new votes. Because in France, the state cares more about the well being of the criminals than the victims. And we will do more for the criminals in the future. While the sentences will become less severe even more. And it will be even more the case if the next president is not sarkozy. You can even find some people who say "all the criminals are good people in the inside and prisons should not exist anymore". One day it will end like the good old French revolution, that's all When those idealistic and corrupted politicians will get their head cut in public place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
someone form Europe explain to me how it is incompatible with Human Rights to lock up someone for life who has history of violent behavior (including murder and rape)?

don't the avg person have a right to be safe form someone like that?
Because in Europe, at least in France, we care a lot for the criminals. In France you can see people who killed and raped, then who got out of prison, then re-raped re-killed, then got out of prison again etc etc. Because a bunch of morons (actually, they are not numberous, they just impose their way of doing things, a real dictatorship.) who play the idealistic humanists think they are right. That's laughable.

When I said we have NO perpetuity in France, I was not joking. French use the term perpetuity while it's 25-30 maximum (and it doesn't mean that you will do those 30 years, of course. You can get out early by lying to the people in saying that "you became a good now, that you killed and raped many people three times in a row, but now after having been caught again and put in prison again for the third times, you saw the light and you became a good person )

Problem is, it will not last forever, because the french people start to have enough of that. And from what I know, French people are the Kings of Strikes and such. The line between strikes and riots is not big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Just to add, that's the normal thing in France. I mean, here, it's not normal to have rapist and murderer to spend the whole time in jail. No no, they will go out before. So when they say you have 10years of jails, it means in reality : 10/2.
Well, "if" you get 10 years. The sentences are not severe at all. It's laughable. Even some criminals can't help but laugh when they get that kind of sentences.

And in the meantime, the victims can stick the word "justice" up their arse.

Quote:
And you need to see some prison, they even better than some french apartment. The truth is that there are some criminal who prefer to go to jail than being at home
I see that you remember that TV program... And yes, I know a few students from my university who live in worse conditions than people in some prisons.

Quote:
And in France, when you want to be more strict, you're a monster .....
Did you see? Next in line, some politicians plan to ban slapping/spanking.

And after that? what will we do?, we'll ban "yelling on your kids"?

We product bad people because we are less and less allowed to educate our kids. The poor kids that spend their time doing nothing good, and that you can't punish because the idealistic morons think it's a good evolution that way. True, to see kids with no morals with STD and cannabis or cocaine in the pocket is a good evolution Our country starts to becomes even more minable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
History will always repeat itself because no one cares about it, foolishly thinking that history is in the past and it has nothing to do with them. We're living in a second Cold War right now, but instead of nukes, we have bankers and politicians corrupting the social order while hiding behind a mask of democracy.
That's the point. Some people think it's good that those people are the onbes who shall choose things for millions of people. Problem is, those people are corrupted, and if they create laws less and less severe, that's also to protect themselves.

Should I remember the recent Mitterrand fiasco in France? Sure, he's the perfect type of persons to have the right to create law. Nothing better than a guy who do sex tourism and defends rapists during his free time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so what happens if the evaluators are wrong and the person release rape and kill again.

do you advocated letting this guy out again in 10 yrs for good behaivor and passing whatever personality test?

Do you honestly think someone like Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer and Charles Manson would ever change and should even have the possibility of ever being let out of prison alive?
The guy I was talking about (the one who raped a 12-13yo girl and got out after 6 years) did PASS tests, and the tests said that he was sane and good now.

Result: he raped again and this time killed the girl. And you know what? He might get another joke sentence and get out early again.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-12-03 at 16:01.