View Single Post
Old 2007-09-13, 19:28   Link #131
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
I'm just checking out the upcoming fall shows, and it appears that there are two new characters in Genshiken 2 that have western names, and are played by Gotou Yuuko and Kaida Yuki. Perhaps we will see two more permutations of gaijin otaku.
True, I actually just saw something about that in the Genshiken 2 topic at the Unaired section. It's really good that they're giving some characters a little insight on us, gaiji-otas. From what Shiroth said in there, the character played by Yuuko Gotou has an interesting personality, but I hope "interesting" in a good way. I'd be really saddened if the two gaijin-otas are portrayed the way Americans are usually portrayed throughout the world. You know what I mean, right?

@Shiroi Hane:

Yep, that could be a possibility, although I don't think that Patty would have any experience with Hentai DVDs and things of that sort because it's implied she's not 18 yet, thus not able to buy any of that stuff.

However, now that I think about it, doesn't Patty know about Otome Road, Yaoi and Yuri and seems to be quite versed with Hiyorin's works? If so, then it would be really strange for her to react to Kona's game in that way. Or perhaps, her experience with censorship has consisted mostly of the "black bars of death", instead of the usual CG/Colored pictures' "damned pixels of oblivion". But again, why I'm even dwelling too much on this is a bigger mistery.

@darksider:

Oh, thanks. I was also looking for that information. Not the biggest fan of tofu, but it sure does great in a Miso-soup and with a little seasoning.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"