View Single Post
Old 2011-02-03, 21:02   Link #69
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
That's an interesting theory, but there's no proof yet. Everything that has happened has a perfectly normal explanation from the information we've been given. Kyube has been fairly forthright that his desire is to make MG's to fight witches. Does he have an interest? Sure. But he's never been dishonest about it and hasn't really pressured anyone. Just a bit of urgency when the girls were in trouble, but it was their choice to go in.
"Just a bit of urgency" ...

I remember you said you liked facts. FACT is that he called over Kyoko in ep4. FACT is that he's been with her two times where she indicated that she intends to kill another MG without trying to dissuade her from doing so. FACT is that he didn't even bother to tell Sayaka that she's in danger.

Quote:
But of course, Kyube can't win no matter what he does.
Hey, he has been winning. He just contracted Sayaka, and if it hadn't been for Homura's invention, possibly Madoka aswell. Funny what a string of strange coincidences and "just a bit of urgency" can achieve.

Quote:
To me, this was Mami reading Homura's intentions. Mami realized that, since Homura was very much against Madoka and Sayaka becoming MG's, she'd be riding Mami harder and would attack if she had to. Mami realized that further words would no longer work past that point, because Homura would attack next time.
Homura has never lifted as much of a finger or her voice against a human or MG. It was Mami who threatened Homura in ep1, it was Mami who threatened Homura after she declined the Grief seed (ep2), it was Mami who threatened Homura in the night talk (ep3) and it was Mami who attacked and bound Homura on the way to the witch (ep3). By now, Homura has saved Madoka once, Sayaka twice, along with giving alot of fairly reasonable advice. Facts, not conjecture. What a villain.

Quote:
Kyube doesn't flinch at all. I don't think he has any ability to flinch, heh. He does warn Kyoko that it may not go as she wants, though. And since he wants MG's to fight witches, MG's fighting each other is counter-productive. But as he says, he can't do anything about it. And Kyoko isn't the type to be convinced via words, anyway.
Of course he could have done something about it. He could have at least warned Sayaka that another MG was intending to kill her. He could have dissuaded Kyoko from doing it in the first place. I find it hard to understand how you can systematically try to see anything Homura does in the most suspicious and negative light, and yet ignore QB's obvious schemings.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote