View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 01:13   Link #110
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I can't devote 30 minutes to a reply, so I'll just say this on the matter of Flit and Algreus.

Algreus said to Flit : none of our forces can land/hold the line. What should we do?
Flit responds: When the line collapses we'll use the Plasma Diver Missile.

He's assuming that the line will collapse and Algreus will have no choice but to fire it. Nowhere does Flit say let's try to get it done before it comes to that, nor does he mention alternatives to using the missile. The alternative was all Algreus' idea, which he transmitted to the Diva and Seric caught on to. It wasn't Flit's idea at all. Flit wanted to use the missile at all costs because what he's after is a massacre, not winning the battle with minimal loss of life to both sides. Him telling Algreus in the end it was up to him to make the decision is irrelevant, he knew he had put Algreus in a position where it was either lose the battle or fire the missile.
Algreus later rationalized it because he couldn't believe his mentor could be so crazy, but Flit made it very obvious he intended to fire the missile and end the battle in a bloodbath.
LOL NO Flit said they can't afford to loose. Flit said it is Algreaus decision to use the Plasma Diver missile. As it is Algreaus who is in charge not Flit.

The reason why Algreaus believes Flit gave a third option is that the plan had left the photon blaster warm.

All it needed was a Kirk. Meaning Seric Abis to infiltrated the base and intimidated the Vegans.

This shows as much as the second arc Flit trust those around him to be competent.

They lose the base an blow it up they still lose. This way they win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
In the end they aren't really going to let one of the protagonists for this series actually commit genocide so the best they can do is have him be the vocal proponent of it. I don't see where all the debate can go here. Ezelcant wants to kill a ton of people so he can make his master race. The Vagans have been pulled in with propaganda and suffering to pretty much want genocide so they can have their Eden. Flit wants to blow the Vagans away because of what he's lost. I'm sure there are plenty in the Federation (like Grodek really) who have lost people and would have no problem with wiping out the Vagans. It's not a pretty situation here.

The only thing I wonder with Flit is how close is he going to go before the series inevitably pulls him back and has him get past his anger. Already pretty much had that missile ready to launch the moment things looked bad for retaking the base. Now we have Second Moon conveniently floating right in so it's almost a perfect time to see just how focused on taking out all Vagans Flit really is. The battles have always stayed far away from that place and now it's going to be sitting right up close.
Exactly! The plot progression and Flit's character development point to this.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote