View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 22:45   Link #66
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
How does it render the development moot?

First of all, all the steps Haru and Taku took to get to this point has not changed. Haru even because he's such a good guy, much to the chagrin of others, offered Noumi a clean fight mano a mano. Noumi found some way to cheat because clearly Haru and Taku still don't know everything there is to know about AW. Sure no problem, the fight became unfair.

Noumi called in his boss, so KYH showing up evens the playing field. She's here to take care of the third party (Who I might add seems out of Taku/Haru's league right now in abilities), and she's still letting Haru fight his own battle against Dusk Taker. If Haru loses, he loses brain burst. Nothing's changed. He still has to prove his self worth.

I'd see your point if KYH beat everybody up, but she's not interfering in the actual conflict between Noumi and Haru/Taku/Chiyu. Nothing has been cheapened here.
<3 I think I agree with about everything you've ever written in this forum.

I can understand where the people disappointed with Kuroyukihime's involvement are coming from (Unlike the crowd from the episode 15 thread ), but I don't have any problem with the way things developed in this episode. Even if she did curbstomp Noumi and steal all the glory, we're still very early in the series, so I think it's fine to have Kuro remain a godly figure that towers over everyone else. It's probably the last 'Mufasa saving Simba from the hyenas' style scene she'll get, anyway; Haru's far beyond being a newbie at this point, and becoming a better Burst Linker all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they're much closer to being equals at the current point in the Light Novels.

A bit disappointed that Noumi's backstory was glossed over so much, though; I was looking forward to learning about why he's turned into the person he's become. He's actually a rather interesting contrast to Haru, who also endured bullying but retained his kind nature and never turned into a rotten person, much as the mistreatment hurt him.