View Single Post
Old 2010-04-29, 14:44   Link #64
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Like I said Priscilla is truley evil. Doesnt matter if she has any shed of humanity left. She is pure evil incarnate. She needs 2 die, die I tell ya.
Muahahahahahahaha

Spoiler for The Destroyers Stats:
Spoiler for The Destroyers Stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis6 View Post
The way I interpreted that scene was that Priscilla was purposely letting herself get hit because it was helping her remember when she fought Teresa and got defeated.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
With the statement from Priscilla that she gets to kill it again, I am starting to wonder if she means the memory and not so much Teresa. She followed Claire's scent just to rediscover her memories, but now she no longer wants them. All that is left is the reminiscent smell off of Claire to get rid of.

That also opens up another question. I always assumed that she regressed because she could not face the trauma, but now it seems she did so out of convenience and her transformation. (self-dehumanization? lol)

How to best state it...
Awakened beings discard their humanity, but not their human memories. Isley is a great example. However, Priscilla is taking a step further by discarding her human memories as well. Other than yoki or the transformation, there seems to be a clear delineation between Isley (who keeps his memory), Priscilla (who wants them gone), and the Destroyer(who has none?).

I wonder what this will do to her power/shape as in will Priscilla take on a more chaotic form? At the moment her body seems compacted and orderly.
Nice thought... in this case I would normally agree with EvilK & Shiek but the way the English translation of the Chinese scan was worded, you could be right with Priscilla.

Will wait for a more clear translation before speculating here. We've had Chinese scans that due to being translated twice have caused some wonky theories before... however not saying your not right about this either for Priscilla's unique case, which we always knew she was. The end of last chapter did call her "the most evil awakened one", pretty big title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
*laughs at how unbelievably hard is just to create an approved summary

I have to agree...the cat-arms are easily the most bizarre thing I've seen in the story without
a doubt. They look more like cannons; I imagined these huge mega-blasts would burst from them XDXD.

Short chapter, most of it was indeed just fighting...but it was cool fighting nonetheless. Dauf's strength is so hard to believe, I can't help feeling it's really pushing it....think about it; in her fight with Isley, the worst he ever did to her was pierce right through her with his spear. Here, half of her is eaten away in her awakened form.

What's the implication then? that Dauf's strength surpasses the strongest Abyssal?

We still don't know exactly what the Rods do to a person; I remember saying once that maybe it does a Priscilla-style exponential growth and bring out a person's entire potential, which would explain the exaggerated increase. An Awakened is stuck with what they have when they awaken, but it does open doors to see what they would be like if they trained more as a warrior before awakening.

It doesn't matter because this is just speculation for now, so as is, seeing Dauf THIS powerful is just....0_0.

I guess it doesn't matter: like we all predicted, bringing him back was just another one-shot deal. Now that she remembers Teresa, I believe Priscilla has truly returned to the malevolent being she was when she first killed her. She even has that same smile as before. Now that she is seemingly discarding ALL memories except the one involving Teresa's death....Raki....Isley.....her family... she is discarding them all. I think it's nigh-impossible at this point that her persona will ever change back, she is fully transforming inside and out.

She doesn't seem to nevertheless be aware of who Claire is; that she as the same girl as before. She seems to think that Claire is Teresa(anime-esque? 0_o). I get the feeling she won't continue thinking that, and she'll figure it out the next time they meet, but we'll see.

So what will happen now? They are heading towards Raciella, which means whatever happens will no doubt involve her.
After looking at this chapter I pretty much believe the rods add to ones power, if not multiply. Since Dauf didn't actually regenerate this chapter but moved the rods to his recently severed arms. So it was Dauf plus three hellcats vs Priscilla who was caught off guard (plus distracted and using the beating to recall her past). Dauf gave it everything he had to Priscilla whom for a bit let Dauf beat her up but it clearly was still not even close to enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
While I really don't want to get into this particular discussion for the nth time(and get into ANOTHER arguement with Irvine about it ), I should point out that her Awakened persona is dominant right now; she's split, and it makes sense that the stronger malevolent persona would wanna stay for good this time - discarding all memories of everything and anything that might trigger a reaction and make her "regress" back into her humanity.
Could be right here... we don't know if we will or won't see the more human side of her again. Time will tell. Waiting for more clear translation.