View Single Post
Old 2007-01-30, 17:55   Link #203
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
So what then is your definition of genius? I think Naruto is a genius... He seem that have accomplished a lot more than any of his peers in regards to power.... except for maybe Sauske but it is too early to say since we haven't really seen Sauske's real powers and we haven't completely seen the changes in Naruto.
Well, as it has been stated, the definition of genius is vague in this serie.

For me, a genius is something with a lot of inborn talent. It doesn't reflect the strenght of the opponent. Somone who has to work his way to become Genin is not a genius. I don't consider Sasuke, Neji or Lee as geniuses as geniuses because they spent years to reach their levels. Less is even the antithesis of my definition. As opposite, Kakashi was super badass very young (chuunin at 6), but his growth is far from spectacular (there is not much difference between the Kakashi of chapter one and the one of Kakashi Gaiden)
So, in my book :
Kakashi, Itachi and the sannins (all graduated early IIRC) and Shikamaru (obviously born with his brain, could probably have graduated earlier if this wasn't so "troublesome").
Sasuke, Neji, Lee, Naruto, Sandaime (on that picture, he looked like he was at least 13-14 years old and Nidaime was still patting him) = not geniuses. But they are all among the strongest characters of their age class, if not the strongest. So for me genius <> strong (except for kids obviously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Since Gaara has sand which is a type of Earth. I will go with Water.
Which make sense since Wind > Lighting and Water > Fire.
That would give Naruto too much of an advantage over Sasuke. (it's fine currently. Sasuke has 2 elements, one weak and one strong against Naruto's Wind). I think Kishimoto will try to make them the most even possible till the end of the manga. If Naruto learns another element, I think it would be something not affecting sasuke. I think the next training session will be with Jiraiya (since the last ones were with Yamato and Kakashi) and Jiraiya's favorite element is fire. (even if that swamp thingie he did against Orochimaru's snakes was probably Earth). Also Naruto has to become able to use the frogs' oil.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote