Thread: Licensed Genshiken 2nd Series
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-17, 22:04   Link #55
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty View Post
Oh wow, sorry I've not seen any flying in space in the first season or OVA... only some cosplay... Referrences there were in-your-face chatter, not some fantasies.

But it's K if you love this, I can just skip it.
To be fair, while the new OP is much more overt in its parody than most things that Genshiken has done before, the OP from the OVAs is a shot for shot remake of the OP for Kujibiki Unbalance TV series, which in itself is a homage and parody of anime convention and cliches.

As for the actual Genshiken episode, I liked it. The big draw of the series has always been the interplay between the characters, and I liked how things played out in the episode. By this point, it's clear that Saki has something of a soft spot for the club, even if she only appears to put up with it for her boyfriend's sake. It's also pretty obvious that Ogiue is much more of an otaku than she's willing to admit to the others, and I dig how Saki is always teasing her about something.

I wonder what's up with Ohno and Tanaka though - it's clear that she's jealous about the other costumes he's making, but I imagine this gets played out down the line.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote