View Single Post
Old 2013-05-23, 21:29   Link #3
Ilidsor
Angelerator

(apologies if this doesn't go here, not sure where I should post this with the new system and all. I just figured this would go here because the old testament is where we learned of Aliester and Heaven Canceller's connection.)

I'm sure somebody else has pointed this out before but because I haven't seen it before I thought I'd post it here.

/Disclaimers

So I just learned that Heaven Canceller is (likely) based off a real person, who was Aliester's doctor. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Crowley died at Netherwood on 1 December 1947 at the age of 72. According to one biographer, the cause of death was a respiratory infection.[133] He had become addicted to heroin after being prescribed morphine for his asthma and bronchitis many years earlier.[134] He and his last doctor died within 24 hours of each other; newspapers would claim, in differing accounts, that Dr. Thomson had refused to continue his opiate prescription and that Crowley had put a curse on him.[135]
Considering Aliester faked his death and fled away with the help of Heaven Canceller I think this is just way too big of a coincidence to ignore.