View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 17:07   Link #487
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
You don't believe the archetecture we've seen in alot of the buildings are too fancy to fit into a purely medieval world?
So your judging all of society based the view we've had of one a rich hotel, as commented by Noel. Or the church and holy city hotel, which have always been grandiose as stated by Clare. The rest of the building insides haven't looked as nice if you recall Raki's ugly home for instance or Irene's abandoned cabin.

Plus don't forget in Claymore we've yet to see large families crowding these same building but families own with a single child or two instead, so the building look less crowded by default... and this is due to the series trying to be more relateable to modern societies than historically accurate to help fans relate better to the characters. In most cases I've actually found most buildings rather sparse... that house the AB smashed it's head into in ch 108 looked like a very poor peoples home IMHO.

Quote:
.....I.....forgot about that -- naturally, the tunnel system would be exclusively for the MiB's; since the islanders are not aware of the mainland, no ship would naturally go to it unless the MiB's had their own secret port...perhaps a tunnel system is more secretive and quicker and they don't have to worry about being found, perhaps by DoD aerial spies, and/or boarded.

Since the DoDs probably have the aerial advantage, the MiB's have to take every measure to avoid being out in the open.....a ship, is too presumably too exposed.
Since when did we confirm the dragon kin fly and thus an aerial advantage?

and duh, the tunnel system being a secret escape route (at the very least, and if connected to the mainland/another island instead of just being a route out of org hq to some where else on the island) would be exclusively for the MiB's .

The rest of your speculation has some nice reason to it, but still doesn't explain how these flying aerial spies never spotted the dig site for the tunnels entrance on the mainland or whatever island it was drilled to. Next off it doesn't explain why no dragonkin haven't flown over this island on a recon mission... I mean if the enemy never flew spy satellites/planes over my area 51 but flew them over everywhere else, I'd get very suspicious as to why they didn't need intel from there or more precisely how they where getting such good intel from there that they had no need of an occasional flyover of my big empty desert with a runway, or in this case a populated island with many destroyed buildings yet oddly where I never had a battle with them.

Quote:
How about suppressive pills? or hell, the Claymores as a whole? The study of them, the creation of Yoma, all the science behind all the MiB projects?
First off Claymore's aren't medicines.

Second... yoki pills in no way correlate any time period, so therefore they are proof of nothing. It's a nonexistent item in the real world and has no real world parallels... plus it suppresses yoki a form of, for lack of better word, magic.

For all we know it's made of cow dung, wild flowers, and dragonkin flesh (or yoma flesh of a different wave length to cancel out warriors yoki ); and therefore not raw chemicals that need to be processed in a modern day lab. All we know is if you cut them in half they don't spill chemicals out and therefore is a solid enough substance to hold its shape.