View Single Post
Old 2007-02-21, 04:26   Link #16
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Okay, it was never said, that there isn't a "real body", however I think it was strongly implied and I thought the same way ShurikenJay did.

In every fight we saw, the original body was always the last to survive. It was like the author wanted to say, that this is part of the Jutsu, even though he never actually wrote it down.
And come to think of it, it also makes sense: If those clones are perfect physical copies, and have the same amount of chakra (because it gets divided evenly), why shouldn't they be able to be the remaining "real" body?
I never thought that it was implied...the reason why, more often than not, the real ninja is the last one is because first of all the real ninja can't be dispelled, so they'd be last regardless, and second because most of the time they just "send in the clones" (cue music) so they won't have to be in danger, or so they can perform another jutsu while the opponent is distracted, or to gauge an opponent's strength.

And the reason they can't be the remaining real body is because they are not the real body...they don't go too in depth into it, but there could be any number of reasons (life force seperate from chakra, the soul, the ego, etc.). Besides...I don't think that the copies are absolutely perfect...that would mean that inside each one of Naruto's thousand clones there is a clone Kitsune waiting to unleash screaming temporal doom upon the earth...

...that'd be an interesting technique...make 1000 clones and then release the seals on all of them...then you'd have 1000 screaming mad demon foxes running around...
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote