View Single Post
Old 2012-12-05, 10:21   Link #391
sirn
田舎者言うな

There's also Zettai Shougeki which I think is more resembles Prism Nana. ZS, while originally a project originated from Pachinko company, the Pachinko is only part of the franchise, not the "Original Work". The project is a collaboration of 10 companies, each responsible for certain aspect of it. For example, Artpresto (Bandai Namco) responsible for website, Aristocrat for Pachinko machine, Cospa for general goods, Shochiku for anime (which released as OVA), Lantis for music, Futabasha for manga, and such. Only character design and world settings is considered Original Work in ZS.

Kubota-san mentioned this project was offered to SHAFT by certain firm which I'm sure this certain firm is the Pachinko company. While he said he convinced the firm to let SHAFT do all of it instead of original plan of letting many companies do it, he also said SHAFT (or rather, animation producer Okada Yasuhiro) was the one who decided the whole magical girl genre, offered Kantoku for character designs, decide about theme songs and thought up basic settings. If this was a PV for Pachinko machine that DAXEL owns all rights to it, the genre and character designs would be decided by a Pachinko firm, not anime company. Not to mentioned Goodsmile is also involved in this (for goods). So I'm willing to bet there's more into it than just a simple PV for Pachinko machine.

Also, Shinbo is not involved in PV production (even though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will do one PV out of seven) so stop dragging him into this.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote