View Single Post
Old 2009-10-15, 20:00   Link #47
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge Seeker View Post
To the original poster: Hang in there. I hate to sound terrible, but life is only going to get harder, lol. Right now, try to enjoy life as it is if at all possible. You stated that you always felt upset, I think finding the root and rectification of the issue is more important than trying to abolish your feelings.

Besides, growing up hurts for most individuals. You are trying to find your sense of self...so you're bound to be emotional during the process.
I think as one gets older, they gain experience which allows them to deal with things that previously seemed impossible, but they also gain the comprehension that there are much worse things out there.

They gain that understanding that not every little thing is of life-shattering importance, which is nice, but usually, to get to that point, you have to have had something important happen and that almost always destroys the emotional "happy" picture of being young. You become better at setting priorities, but also end up facing the reality of your own struggles; some things cant be fixed, and sometimes trying your best isn't enough.

However, while life doesn't get easier, in a way it gets better. Maturity broadens your world, bringing many more joys into your life as well as sorrows, and opens up possibilities that can range from interesting to amazing. With age comes total self-responsibility which, while it is a burden of sorts, brings with it the possible satisfaction of knowing that when you succeed at something it is completely your success. You have more options, which does mean more chances at choosing the wrong ones, but having the choices at all is a great thing. So life may not get easier, but in my opinion, it gets richer.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-10-15 at 20:15.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote