View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 09:28   Link #205
Cadallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...I get the distinct feeling I should avoid this thread since the 'shenanigans' as some people put it, are basically HALF the story... But that would just leave the nay-sayers and that won't be good.

I, for one, liked the ep. It took a little while to get used to since they started with Yuuko being invisible and then switched it around. Yuuko has the most adorable voice. They got the gist of the interactions between the characters spot on. I don't really mind that they started where they did - the beginning will be covered so I'm not going to have a cow.

Indeed, what exactly are other people reading?

The fundamental character dynamic is a harem comedy! It's Yuuko, Kirie and Momoe fighting over the affections of Teiichi, with varying techniques and effectiveness.

For me, the rest is just a scaffolding to enable the comedy that takes place as a result of those interactions.

And thinking back on it, I guess the reason I like the manga is that Maybe has done an incredibly good job of keeping me uncertain how it's going to play out. My gut says the series is ultimately light-hearted, but I also think there's a large chance that I'm wrong.

The skill there is that, either way I think I'll be content with it, and not feel like I just got horribly trolled by the author. It is an enjoyable series.
Cadallin is offline   Reply With Quote