View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 09:48   Link #207
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
They were overwhelming? Oh that's great, for how many episodes was that the case? Oh right we have one so far...
So you expect people to wait till it gets good? So it's that promise where it's get better later on. Awesome. Now I have to bank that this may get better in the future alongside bookshelves of other series that fit in this category. That's very encouraging ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san
Wait wait wait, you mentioned the PV? Does that mean you actually saw it? So I assume you saw Okonogi acting like an energetic comedy fall-back, Teiichi acting the way you mentioned around Yuuko, and ofcourse Yuuko not acting like a damn terrifying ghost. So now, you say what happened in the first episode was unexpected? Assuming you indeed watched all the PVs, ah but if you watched them--that means you also saw the creepy image I posted which was taken from the first PV, no? Now, how can you see something like that in the PV then when you actually watch the series and don't see it things suddenly become "hurr durr I guess the ghost is just annoying and moe the PV lied to me hurr durr".

All that only assuming you watched all the PVs, since you bothered to mention it.
Nice try but you mentioned the PV first, asking me if I watched it, so I naturally replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san
Now regarding your last statement, now you're going to pretend you didn't say you were expecting this to be like Shiki/Another? So you admit the promotional material would never say something like that? Well then where did your expectations come from? Tags on MAL and ANN instead of the actual promotional videos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisoda
... I came into this series expecting a horror/mystery along the lines of Shiki, Another, Ghost Hunt and instead I got dumb moe comedy shenanigans ...
Quote:
MAL tags: Mystery, Horror, Romance, School, Shonen, Supernatural
ANN tags: Drama, mystery, romance, supernatural, ghosts, school

+ the PV and synopsis.
Combination of factors. Not just one exclusively. I also said "along the lines of". Never did I say direct translation NOR did I say that the promotional materials state they were going to be like that. In fact, you're the one who brought up that strawman argument in the first place:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
...What in the living bloody fuck was in any of those promotional materials that said "hey, this is going to be like Shiki/Another" or could it be that you ignored the evidence and simply made your own uninformed assumptions?

I wasn't alone either in what was to be expected either. See totoum's and Kanon's responses for example.

Sure, Kanon may have tolerated it, but I for one don't tolerate it all and you can't expect everyone to just accept it. This is a forum and forums are for critiquing. Not everything has to have abundant amounts of silly comedy sheniengans because we got genres dedicated to that not to mention at least a good half of anime these days are of that kind. Sure, I enjoy the odd well made slice of life/comedy here and there but I don't want it in every frakken genre or series. Is it that selfish to not want those elements?
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote