View Single Post
Old 2007-02-14, 00:06   Link #15
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Be that as it may, I believe the anime would still be enjoyable. You obviously enjoyed it, I see no reason why you should dissuade someone from watching it. In my experience it often takes a little exaggeration to get someone to watch something, and in the end they usually don't regret it. (not that I was exaggerating in this case) By extension I see no reason to tell someone a series will be boring just because of a little plot spoiler. (and if you've read the manga that particular revelation was apparent to the reader early in the story, while still unknown to Mitsuki... actually the whole thing was spun as a more psychological issue: denial)
Well, I saw it as a huge plot spoiler not as a little one, so I think our opinions diverge on that. It is my personal opinion whether something's boring or not, so I was just expressing it. I have my own judgment and I was answering according to what I believe, so I think I'm entitled to not sugarcoat what I feel. Scribbles doesn't have to believe what I say at all, but he asked for people's opinions, and I simply gave mine.

For some people, knowing a huge spoiler does ruin a particular show, and especially for me, I don't think I would have enjoyed FMWS half as much if I had known about the spoiler. There are other great things about the show, I def agree, but the Eichi-kun storyline was such a big part for me and crucial to Mitsuki's development.

So let's just agree to disagree on this issue