View Single Post
Old 2008-08-11, 07:10   Link #190
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Phoenix View Post
Oh man please. I begged and pleaded for Gundam to have a honorable death, but they keep dragging it through the mud. It is like what Achilles did to Hector...

Really this is more a Gundam sub-series. Even since Seed, Gundam has evolved into the current day trend-y anime. A lot of the orginal soul that made Gundam's different from plain ol' giant robots it simple missing. The animation may be better, but there is no soul or meaning it. Even G-Gundam, as terrible as it was, kept true to the soul of Gundam. 00 sold out and was made for money, not for a purpose or to connect with the audience.

As a Gundam series I give it a 1 out of 10. An overall anime a 7/10. It is just too much like the modern-day generic Giant Robot animes they have rolling out.
LOLOLOL

Quote:
The whole point behind the Gundam franchise is that it's supposed to be versatile and open to re-interpretation of it's core concepts by whatever team is chosen to work on it.
Not gonna quote the rest cause I'm already gonna overload on this, but you my friend are too straight for the kill and boring =]

Quote:
What defines the soul of Gundam, answer me that?

Is it similar to the soul of Macross, where every series, sans maybe a few, circulate around a bunch of pilots protecting a huge flying fortress, and a love triangle?

Some people may like that, but to me *YAWN*
^________^ this guy gots it, though you forgot the soul of having a MASKED RIVAL on a ALWAYS INFERIOR YET COOLER LOOKING SUIT.

Quote:
Sans the big boobs, 00 was about the least trendy anime series I've seen in a while.
WRONG THERE. Not ONE PERSON that has more than 10 minutes total of show time AKA NOT THE FUGLY DOCTOR was drawn in a way to be repulsive. Sorry buddy, BUT BEING REALISTIC MEANS SOME PPL GOTSTA BE UGLY. And the doctor wasn't really ugly, but just drawn so that you'd go o.O over his sexual orientation.
It just gets all hot and sexy when even what's his face's sister has nothing going for her (big boobs, revealing outfits) yet would be considered hotter than CE characters simply because of SUPERIOR DRAWING TECHNIQUES and a lack of FUGLY.

Not that I'm saying this is BAD, but have you guys even SEEN vagabond? Or Gantz? Or Berserk? THEY SHOW U NON TRENDY >.> Heck even Seirei no Moribito can give it's fair share of fuglies, and that's a family show!

Quote:
Who has more soul than Graham Aker? Who's relishes in cockroach battles more than Ali-Al (Not even Yarzan)?
Michael Jackson and George Bush. Ali was a given due to his overpowered VA, but I don't recall any other anime character in particular who Aker's VA had done. That guy was amazing.

Quote:
Sure Gundam 00 uses some pop-anime techniques to pull in fringe viewers, but that's merely a facade man, your sure you're not watching Code Geass? That's sounds closer to your view...
Ummm, too bad Code Geass R2 completely blows 00 s1 out of the water as unfair the comparison is. Regardless of what techniques are used, R2 is the rocket coaster that's highest in the play land, while 00 more or less is the generic water log ride that only soaks you once or twice. 00 S2 might have a chance at beating R2 though! After all, R2 might SUCK IT UP by wrapping things up too quickly.

R1 vs 00 S1, gotta say R1 still wins by a bit =/ only because of 00 being a prequel in s1 like you said. And as we all know, appetizers will never beat main dishes. R1 was a main dish by itself, 00 wasn't. Sadly T_T the appetizer almost tasted better.

Quote:
If anything I think Gundam OO brought Gundam back down to earth and made it real again.
Setsuna is about as alive as a doorknob. Did you even watch the parody trailer? They pretty much admitted the guy was ZzZzZ. I AM GUNDAMMMMMM TOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Though I, personally, like it just for fights, visuals and the character of Lockon Stratos.
Check, check, and no. =[ Lockon was very cool in the first episode, then as his character started panning out, veterans should immediately recognize him as a Piccolo/Kakashi tool. Him dying had an impact, but it wasn't lasting.

In fact, the parody trailer really addressed some big issues for the first season. None of the main cast had a superstar attraction, which in SOME WAYS is good, cause you know, mainstream is all about the spotlight on the mains. But at the same time, they call them the main cast for a reason, and it kind of feels weird when they aren't all that interesting. Hopefully S2 fixes this.

Quote:
Something that called my attention and changed the original 8/10 to 9/10 rating was because they accepted the idea that "anyone can die in a war".... No matter if you are a good guy or a bad one.
There was 0% chance Setsuna was gonna die in season 1. Z E R O. 1-1. And most of the characters who died were the lesser important characters. Had say, Sumeragi died? HOLY CRAP that woulda hit me hard along with every one of you. Hot + smart + real (COMPARED TO OTHERS) + had value + lots of screentime = dead? o.O S2 it wouldn't be such a big deal, since who knows if she gained wrinkles

About the only guy I thought die and I was kind of like o.o over it was Ali, simply cause his character was too invested into to kill off. Then he shows up alive, kinda. Graham woulda been too! Had his suit not been completely FUGLIFIED and his stupid rage pretty much slap on him an excuse to die suit. And of course he lives too! I genuinely thought Patrick died too as a loser all the way of sorts, but nope he lives.

And of course, if Soma Pierres died, that woulda been one of the few times I'd think I'd give 00 a 10. Simply because she was:

A) not part of the CB crew aka not a protagonist clinger
B) was an annoyance which is cliche but
C) makes her death ALL THE MORE appealing to bloodthirsty people like me

Whereas with people like Joshua who basically got less than 5 minutes of screen time I could care less if he was the ace flyer of the universe. Fact is, each faction had a star. Graham for union, Ali + Patrick as hidden ace and fake ace for AEU, and Soma/Old Guy combo for HRL. When they pretty much presented the AEU side kicking the bucket, and knowing Graham would PROBABLY GO OUT IN FLAMES, it woulda made a impact if at least the girl died, if not the old guy too, kinda saying like, HEY LOOK, EVEN SHE DIES, AND SHE'S STILL A KID. Woulda made the brutal and moody last couple episodes even more so. Sergei coulda lived, just to make it even more ironic like how some old guy outlives this girl due to war. I mean, that IS what gundam is about right? THEMES? SYMBOLISM? ETC ETC? Course in the end, when they showed how everyone survived, it completely made sense. All 3 people who appeared to have died had their excuses of survival (2 god fighters, 1 comic relief) while Sergei and Soma had none.

SO YEAH, IGNORE THE BLOCKS OF TEXT >.> I JUST FELT LIKE REFLECTING.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote