View Single Post
Old 2011-07-14, 15:47   Link #19
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My only experience with Aquarion so far is Super Robot Wars Z and the cast didn't really do much for me. I kind of found Apollo annoying and the brother and sister incest duo equally so. Then of course theres' the whole docking and having orgasm thing. The show just seems like it must be really weird from what I saw there and what I've heard the MAHQ crew discuss. Mid to Late 90's Tomino shows come to mind actually.

I don't know, I think like Tomino, Kawamori is one of those directors who just got weird for some reason as opposed to creative and interesting in how he directs his shows. He was rock solid during the 90's, but then everything since has been....weird. I honestly can't think of any other word to describe his later work.

Sadly his shows seem to be the only chance that we get to hear Yoko Kanno anymore (since other weird director Yoshiyuki Tomino seems to have called it a career....funny how these two guys have worked with Kanno more than perhaps any other director and both are famous for their earlier work and people have mixed feelings about their later stuff) so I'll be looking to this soundtrack if nothing else to see if it returns her work to her stronger days after the Macross Frontier OST which I found below average for her standard. I guess when you set the bar so high it's hard to keep reaching that level, but I'd love to see her reach those heights again.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote