View Single Post
Old 2011-10-17, 19:16   Link #78
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's not that they are weak as much as they seem to come up with ineffectual schemes (which I assume were the anime original arcs.) Plus it wasn't until I realized that Hecate was that damned strong until season II (which coincided with when that part got better).

But really, stuff like sending a clone that looks exactly like Hecate and everyone's like hurr we're too busy going emo to think that the Bal Masque has techniques to avoid typical detection schemes just made everyone look stupid. Even glasses or a mask would have helped. Did that surprise anyone who was watching?

They really don't provide any charisma as bad guys either beyond the generic cocky laughter and stuff.

I mean, compare this to Sabrac, who came across as insanely lethal and deadly. And he barely spoke in more than one liner. He would have been a far superior last boss for season 2, it would seem. Or say Pheles who had a far more imposing entrance.

Compared to them, Douche-Yuji and Bal Masque appear to be professional wrestling rejects that get pushed far more than they should. There's booing a villain because you think they are evil and want them to lose, booing a villain because you fear their strength will destroy the heroes totally, and there's booing a villain because you just don't want to see them on the screen.

When the greatest interest I have in the Bal Masque is how often Hecate wants to drain Yuji's POE every night, there's a problem.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-10-17 at 19:26.