View Single Post
Old 2007-09-26, 14:39   Link #290
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamineko84 View Post
I have a question. If Geneon...let's pray this doesn't happen, decides to cancel Higurashi for North America, will the fansub be allowed to be brought back to Animesuki?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner View Post
And Animesuki would only put the unreleased episodes back on. The ones on DVD would stay off.
Fansubs of the remainder of Higurashi will not be listed on AnimeSuki at this point in time (and it's unlikely this will change in the near future).

We do not know what is really happening at the moment so please do not jump to conclusions. Just because Geneon are no longer planning to release the remainder of the series does not mean it isn't licensed any more.

There is a good chance that the remaining episodes will be released by another U.S. company but this is just speculation by me. It may not happen, or it may take a long time for it to happen, we just do not know. But it would seem logical that Geneon will "sell" the part license to another company (or at least try and recover the cost of the license by either selling or authorising another company to complete the series).