View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 14:11   Link #210
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
P.S. A lot of people consider Shiki to be a drag but it took only 1 episode to get pass description and to actual good bits.
Shiki had no mystery,the viewer could figure out after a couple episodes max what was going on,the entertainment came from seeing how the characters were going to figure it out,but as a viewer you already had nearly all the info.Another is a completely different beast.

Quote:
What other 15 mins were wasted on?
Dropping vital clues about what's going on,no, episode 4 doesn't outright tell you what is going on but it gives you enough info to speculate which is where the fun is.
For exemple Kouichi Aunt doesn't outright say "look Kouichi,your mom was victim of the curse and that's why she died after giving birth to you".

She just mentions that she was in class 3-3 15 years ago,using that info you remember that Kouichi is 15 and you remember from a previous episode that his mom died shortly after his birth.You add all that info together and you get the above mentioned theory.

If you cut down half the show you cut off basicly all the info the viewer has to speculate upon and believe me I would find it a lot less interesting.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-02-12 at 14:41.