View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 02:56   Link #2
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I didn't say that Orochimaru could not produce such stuff, i assumed he did it artificially (being a mad scientist type personality) instead of hard training like Jiraiya did.
Then I guess he traveled to the Ryuchidou for cotton candy and the snake petting zoo :/

Actually it's possible (perhaps even probable) that Oro's senjutsu chakra contains as good, if not better balance of spiritual, physical, and nature's energy than Jiraiya, since the only thing keeping him from the perfect form was his host-body's inability to sustain the toll of the sage arts, not proper chakra balance. In Jiraiya's case, he lacked proper balance of these, as his senjutsu charka contained too much nature energy.If Naruto, Kabuto, and to a lesser extent Jiraiya can achieve balance of chakra why can't he? You seem to think he is just some mad scientist, but he is also a pretty talented ninja.

Quote:
The author can even make sense of Orochimaru having only partial sage abilities, but there's no way that Orochi was ever a sage himself since in all his past fights he never showed any such super-power.
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence though. Considering the fact that he was either sick or bed-ridden most of the time, he didn't show much of anything in his past fights. Still, that doesn't mean he didn't have knowledge of several powerful techniques. If he is in a serious fight, why bother using a flawed technique that he knows his body cannot handle when there are other powerful alternatives in his arsenal such as the hydra snake?
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote