View Single Post
Old 2006-11-20, 00:52   Link #208
Laethiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12 View Post
I'm pretty sure that singing in a different octave of the same key is fine because I do it all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence. View Post
Of the hundreds of karaoke tracks I have, I realize that very, very few of them are actually really singable by me. Is anyone else feeling this?
I just don't have the sort of range to sing a lot of these songs. It also happens that the majority of songs I like are sung by women. It's hard finding slow-ish songs sung.

I wish we could alter pitch = (
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket View Post
Actually (totally IMO), that's what makes this competition really fun. You have to work within the limits of the original song and your own voice without any aids.

It is hard finding good songs, but sometimes with enough practice you can push your voice to do things you never thought possible!
Hmm, I could be misunderstanding, but from what Providence and basket said, would that mean that we can't actually sing something in a different octave? I'd like to know the official position of kcl822 on this since, while I'm going to be singing something without changing the octave, two friends of mine are planning on singing songs in lower octaves than the original.
Laethiel is offline   Reply With Quote