View Single Post
Old 2008-05-03, 18:51   Link #27
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Nanoha - 2005 Champion, 2007 Elite Eight. Always a strong candidate, a few lucky breaks here and there and she could be the first repeat champion of Saimoe.

Fate - 2006 runner up. Lost in the 2nd round of 2007 but lost with one of the highest vote totals. For 3 straight years she lost to one of the Rozen Dolls, however this year there will be no Dolls. 2008 is her last chance for a champion ship.

Rena - a early exit in 2006 but a final four in 2007. Always a strong candidate but she surprise everyone with a surprise win over one 2007's favorites Kagami. Will she take anyone home in 2008 or will revenge votes force her home early.

Rika - 2007 Saimoe Champion and biggest Dark Horse since Chiakru-sama in 2006. She did very well in 2007 but if she gets a unlucky draw early, Rika will most likely take a early Exit.
They're eligible?
YES!
Thank you Oyashiro-sama!
Quote:
Kagami - The purple hair tsundere was one of the favorites going into Saimoe 2007 with the largest number of vote in the preliminary rounds. Her lopsided early round victory certainly back up her status as a favorite but was unexpectedly taken home by Rena in one of the biggest upset of Saimoe 2007.
Nagi > Shana was bigger in my opinion.
And she's not a tsundere.
Quote:
Nagi - Elite Eight in 2007. The blond loli tsundere surprise a lot of people with a victory over Shana. Will she repeat her victory in 008 or will she meet with a early round Exit?
Second Place > Elite Eight.
Quote:
Shana - a perennial favorite of Saimoe contest. She has always done will but never been a champion. Will 2008 be her year or will she wait for next sequel?
She won Korean Best Moe 06-07, but never a SaiMoe.
Quote:
Rei, Asuka and Misato - Eva was one of most popular show form 1990s and by the sales of the LE DVD rls of movie 1 (200,000+ unit in first week) it still is among the top shows ever created. However popular shows have not always done well in Saimoe. One of the biggest question of 2008 Saimoe will be how well the Eva girls will do with the voters. Rei was one of the foreunners of silent moe and Asuka was tsundere before tsundere became a otaku vocalbulary. Misato has always been popular with her beer guzzling, soft and hard side all roll in one. It will be very interesting in seeing they will do.
I'm sure that the Evangelion girls will be pretty popular, though they probably won't get very far because of hate-voting in later rounds.
Quote:
the cast of Clannad.
lol@KeyKyoAni.
The only Key-KyoAni to ever top 8 at SaiMoe was Kanna of Air wasn't it?
Key-KyoAni only stands a chance at tournaments like ISML where a majority of the viewers are outside and the voting population is overoveroveroversaturated with KyoAni fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
What, no Sakura-chan? Sad, since she's way too moe. Oh well, at least (well, I hope) we won't see KyoAni over-domination here, although if a Clannad character wins SaiMoe, I will take back everything I said about KyoAni, which wasn't much anyways.
If I see a Clannad character get into the top 8, I will take back what I said about KyoAni, which is a lot.
And Sakura's not eligible is she?
Her last appearance was what... 2000?
That's just seven years short of the time period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's just that the characters that win these things are just the most popular characters of said nature, and in fact I don't think it promotes the idea of watching these different animes like some of you may think. For a small faction it may give people the heads up on series out there, but I would guess that the voters stick their votes to the series they've seen mainly, which tend to be the more popular ones out there, and the characters who get nominated for this tend to be the ppular ones anyhow.
hahaha.
Oh rly? I forgot that almost all subjective contests involving votes of any kind are popularity contests.
Presidential elections?
Whoever's more popular and has more support.
SaiMoe?
Whichever character is least hated.
ISML?
KyoAni.